Released 15 February 2024 – available to pre-order
The new 116-page bookazine from the makers of Doctor Who Magazine celebrates an unforgettable era in the show’s history.
The success of the first episodes starring Jon Pertwee saved the series from the threat of cancellation. A year later, the next phase of its reinvention introduced a new assistant for the Doctor and a debonair adversary to threaten him during his exile on Earth. The colourful formula for some of Doctor Who’s best-loved adventures was complete.
This issue covers all the stories from 1971: Terror of the Autons, The Mind of Evil, The Claws of Axos, Colony in Space and The Dæmons. All-new content includes exclusive features, insightful commentary and rare behind-the-scenes images.
Contents include articles on:
· The year’s most significant events in the Doctor Who universe (both on and off screen)
· Stars Roger Delgado, Richard Franklin and Katy Manning
· Writers Don Houghton, Bob Baker and Dave Martin
· Doctor Who in the popular press
· Special effects and production techniques
· Classic Doctor Who comic strips and merchandise
· … plus much more!
- 5 Feb 2024
- Books, Comics and Magazines